It has been a whirlwind year so far already. I’m embracing the new and saying goodbye to the old. Needing to move has been a need on the horizon for a while now, but I’m trying my best. It has been my little nook for a long 5.5 years, and I have gone through many stages of my life within these walls. Much like saying goodbye to my trusty old car, I’ve been feeling very sentimental trying to leave. In order to help the process, I have been working on concentrating on the “why,” and have written a list to remind myself of the problems about the place. I know I told you about my list, but I figured I’d share with you a few strong points on my move inspiration list.
- There is literal shit in my front yard from the sewer pouring out into the grass. No one has done anything about it for two weeks now, so the poo has melted into the grass and all that remains is the heap of toilet paper that was moved around by the lawn mower. As you can understand, this has topped the list of why.
- The nails permanently in the carpet prepared to stab and stub at everyone’s feet. I had complained about the nails at least two separate times for a maintenance call and it seemed like they only put more nails in.
- When we first signed the lease they warned us of a panties bandit that stole women’s underwear from the shared laundry room.
- These laundry rooms are regularly used by homeless people as restrooms. I would also frequently find bugs or other peoples clothing that appeared during my drying cycle.
- They cut down the tree I picked this apartment for without any warning.
- Anyone can walk up at any time and shut off your electricity. They may also whistle and linger around afterwards.
- Our hallway is alarmingly creaky.
- We have been infested with ants, termites, rats and bees.
- I once cried and shreaked so much about my hamster being in danger of the fumes of a maintenance call that my mom got the leasing ladies to come save and babysit my hamster for the day.
- The dishwasher was leaving white crap all over my dishes, so the maintenance man explained to me that a dishwasher is technically a dish sanitizer and that there was nothing that could be done.
- Our sprinklers regularly break and become fountains that spray the cars in the parking lot or the roof. It’s a regular obstical.
- I have killed three batches of roses trying to grow them here but our south facing windows kill everything.
- I live above a chain smoker now and my vents have turned black but they tell me its impossible that it’s leaking into my apartment. Before them I lived above captain subwoofer who would explore his shitty talent at all hours of the night. He would sometimes get mad at me for making noise when I had to hammer down my carpet nails.
- The volleyball court is a giant cat litter box.
- We had 3 bikes stolen at this location and one pulled apart for no reason and lined up in a row for me to find in the morning. Our neighbor warned us because his car was just broken into recently and had all of his things stolen in it. I like to count the days when our new neighbors put out decorations for how long until it is taken.
- Before the creepy rusty car we park next to now in the car port, there was a bright red car that had gigantic balls hanging off the back.
As you can tell, I have many reasons to leave this place. But I will say, it has never been boring. I hate moving but it will be nice to have a washer/dryer in my place. It’s been so much work prepping.
I hope to post more Chelso mow. And I look forward to seeing all your new posts!